See the full video below along with TLDR (or TLDW) quick-hit takeaways.
– As noted, the last AWE USA event in physical form was 893 days prior.
– During that time, the XR world advanced as its value and reliance grew from sheltered life and work.
– But coming back together physically is a reminder that we can't get too carried away in "virtual." There's still ample value in the physical.
– In a conference setting, that's all about IRL networking... something that can't be replicated in virtual events (yet).
– During AWE Global's 893-day hiatus, we've also seen other emerging phenomena and topics... such as the M-word.
– Inbar points to metaverse mania as positive in one sense, because it brings more exposure to AR and VR.
– But it's a "love-hate relationship" as it also clouds and ambiguates XR, as the term metaverse gets so overused and ill-defined.
– The takeaway: there are legitimate principles in all the metaverse musings... but also lots of hype. Beware of the latter.
– This premise was demonstrated effectively and playfully in Inbar's game "Metaverse or Shmetaverse" (direct link
– Meanwhile, the state of XR industry health can be seen in the vast list of AWE attending companies, speakers & sponsors.
See the full discussion in the video below... Want more XR insights and multimedia? ARtillery Intelligence offers an indexed and searchable library of XR intelligence known as ARtillery Pro. See more here.