Welcome back to AWE Talks, our series that revisits the most engaging content from AWE’s catalog of conference sessions. With a fresh batch of session footage from the recent AWE EU, there's plenty to dive into.
This week, we focus on where the metaverse rubber meets the road. Where are there real business applications that transcend the hype? Endeavor XR's Amy Peck breaks it down for us.
See the summarized takeaways below, along with the full session video. Stay tuned for more video highlights each week and check out the full library on awe.live
and AWE’s YouTube Channel
Amy Peck - Founder/CEO at endeavorXR
– The metaverse is a runaway train of hype and speculation, but it also has legitimate promise.
– The trick is to separate the hype from the value, including finding real bottom-line impact.
– This requires some degree of nuance and some basic common sense, says Peck.
– You don't need to rush out and be on the metaverse (or metaverse-like places like Roblox).
– But you should have a metaverse strategy so you won't be caught flat-footed when it arrives.
– That could include developing 3D models of your products or getting to know different platforms.
– Learn the language. Explore UX do's and don'ts... now's the time to develop a knowledge base.
– Back to common sense, don't form a metaverse strategy on Roblox if you're marketing to adults.
– Don't overpay for Decentraland plots next to Snoop Dogg... who doesn't even operate Avatar.
– Part of the strategy should also involve privacy, given greater sensory immersion.
– Also don't put too much stock in the terminology... "metaverse" may go the way of "cyberspace."
– The Blockchain will be important but not necessarily crypto... smart contracts are where it's at.
– Also adjust expectations: the metaverse isn't an endpoint. It will be an evolutionary journey. For more color, check out the full session below.