Welcome back to AWE Talks, our series that revisits the most engaging content from AWE’s catalog of conference sessions. Now that AWE USA 2023 has concluded, we have a fresh batch of sessions to dive into.
This week, we spotlight Th3 Third Door's Monica Arés and her thought leadership on education and learning. Specifically, the intersection of AI and XR will create exponential growth and benefits in the world of education.
See the summarized takeaways below, along with the full session video. Stay tuned for more video highlights each week and check out the full library on awe.live and AWE’s YouTube Channel.
Monica Arés, Th3 Third Door
– Technology advancement benefits from the law of accelerating returns.
– Innovation isn't linear but exponential as it builds upon itself.
– After years of linear growth, technology like XR and AI inflect the tech curve.
– AI is particularly promising in aiding learning by enabling higher-order thinking.
– It can automate rote tasks to enable focus on intellectually-intensive thinking.
– But AI's true educational potential can be reached when it converges with XR.
– XR can serve as AI's embodied interface, while AI serves as XR's intelligence.
– In education, this could play out through embodied tutors and personalized learning.
– It could also include things like AI-adaptive learning, customized per student.
– This has been the holy grail of education for the past several decades.
– All these factors are starting to play out today through generative AI.
– For example, text-to-3D engines can generate dimensional graphics on the fly.
– This helps students learn, while giving them a means of creative expression.
– Altogether, AI and XR could collectively engender the ultimate feedback loop.
For more color from Arés, see the full session below...