Welcome back to AWE Talks, our series that revisits the most engaging content from AWE’s catalog of conference sessions. Now that AWE Asia 2023 has concluded, we have a fresh batch of sessions to dive into.
This week, we spotlight a panel discussion on the potential ways that the magic combo of AI and XR can advance education. How will things like generative AI and immersive content boost learning in all environments?
See the summarized takeaways below, along with the full session video. Stay tuned for more video highlights each week and check out the full library on awe.live and AWE’s YouTube Channel.
Mrs. Leticia Jauregui, Meta, Head of Global Education Partnerships
Ms. Emilie Joly, Zoe Immersive, CEO & Co-Founder
Ms. Sarah Toms, IMD, Chief Learning Innovation Officer
Mr. Jeremy Luisier, Unity Technologies, Senior Technical Trainer
– Of the areas often named for XR applicability, education is among the most impactful.
– Among other things, immersive content can enhance memory recall and student interest.
– This concept applies in both the classroom and the corporation, given functions like training.
– In all cases, XR can both enhance and augment legacy learning formats.
– All the above takes an additional step forward with recent inflections in AI.
– For example, generative AI can unlock students' creativity and teachers' capabilities.
– AI also gets us closer to the holy grail of education: personalized learning
– By evaluating and adapting to individual needs, curriculum can be optimized per student.
– And as XR and AI continue to converge, their combined state amplifies the possibilities.
– For example, AI could give AR the ability to conjure educational 3D models on the fly.
For more, see the full session below...