. To get the juices flowing for
See the full video below along with TLDR (or TLDW) quick-hit takeaways.
– In all the excitement, there's no shortage of strong opinions for what the Metaverse is and isn't.
– Everyone attempting to define the M-word signals excitement and popularity (good) but also ambiguates it a bit (bad).
– Bar-Zeev asserts there’s a baseline of consistent concepts in all these definitions, but they sometimes fall short in granularity.
– For example, we should be talking more about how the metaverse can avoid the pitfalls of today’s web (e.g., privacy)
– The metaverse will likely span virtual worlds as well as real-world augmentations (a.k.a., the AR Cloud).
– In real-world contexts, Bar Zeev contends that the Metaverse is the data
(think: IoT), while AR will be the interface
– Simplified visual tools will increase visual content 100x and may usher a creative boom
– Diversity is an imperative for the success of the Metaverse if we want it t oreach everyone
– With the advancements in synthetic data and virtual humans real and fake information will be indistinguishable
– To protect privacy corporations will need to change their business models - paying for content is good for consumers
– The Meteaverse opportunity s pans many sectors, but tools and platforms will grab the bigger pie
– Advice to startup founders - use the Metaverse term in your pitches with a grain of salt
Further reading:LDV Metaverse ReportAvi Bar-Zeev Blog series about the Metaverse Want more XR insights and multimedia? ARtillery Intelligence offers an indexed and searchable library of XR intelligence known as ARtillery Pro. See more here.