– This means, like images and other multimedia, 3D will be a key ranking factor for SEO.
– Vans experimented with 3D models to reap all the above benefits, then slowly expanded.
– The advice: start small with some products, then learn, iterate and expand more broadly.
– This also lets brands get more mileage and amortization out of initial costs, like product scans.
– This phased approach makes 3D shopping more attainable for brands and executives.
– The biggest impediment is time: brand execs don't always have bandwidth to learn new tech.
– The lesson is to lower the barriers as much as possible in terms of time and learning curve.
– Change management is also key: Help brands adopt by acknowledging their internal barriers.
– The most success comes from both
top-down (mandate) and bottom-up (movement) support. For more color, check out the full session below.