Welcome back to AWE Talks, our series that revisits the most engaging content from AWE’s catalog of conference sessions. With an extensive library from AWE USA 2022, there's still plenty to dive into.
This week, we take a deep dive on Snap's Lens Studio. Given that it's a leading creation tool for AR shopping, what are its drivers and dynamics. We hear straight from the source in this strategic and tactical session.
See the summarized takeaways below, along with the full session video. Stay tuned for more video highlights each week and check out the full library on awe.live and AWE’s YouTube Channel.
Carolina Arguelles Navas: Global AR Product Strategy & Marketing Lead, Snap
Yao Wang: AR Engineer, Snap
– Snap continues to be a leader in not only AR user engagement but monetization.
– The latter takes place through paid lens amplification to targeted Snapchat users.
– Beyond amplification, Snap's Lens Studio provides tools for brands to build lenses
– And this toolset continues to expand including lens functionality and analytics.
– Platform functionality includes AR garments that can fit various body types.
– The utility this has unlocked for consumer shopping has amplified user engagement.
– In fact, Snap says that its shopping lenses were used 5 billion times in the past year.
– Consumers, especially Gen-Z, increasingly expect this 3D shopping functionality.
– This plus the expanding AR marketing features has attracted brands to the platform
– According to Arguelles Navas, AR shopping lenses alleviate many other pain points.
– For example, more informed shoppers lead to fewer product returns and real ROI.
– As for lens creation features, see the video below for a hands-on walkthrough...